Knightly News

Get Rec’d

Gannon University’s annual dry St. Patrick’s Day celebration will be held 8 p.m. to midnight Saturday, March 17, at the Carneval Athletic Pavilion.

The event is sponsored by KnightLIFE and will feature free food, prizes and the coveted 2012 Get Rec’d T-shirt.  Other prizes include gift cards, DVDs and first pick in the student living housing lottery.

Activities at Get Rec’d will include cornhole, a Lucky Charms eating contest, bingo and karaoke.

Matt Roloff to speak at Gannon

Matt Roloff will be giving a lecture at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 14 in Room 104 of the Zurn Science Center.

The lecture is titled “Against the Odds” and is free to students.

Roloff gained fame from the TLC show “Little People, Big World,” a program that follows the daily lives of Roloff, his wife and four children.

Editor-in-chief applications

Applications are available for the position of editor-in-chief of The Gannon Knight for the 2012-2013 academic year. The form can be obtained by emailing Zack McDermott, current editor-in-chief, at [email protected]. Applications are due to Frank Garland, adviser of The Knight, in Palumbo 3229 no later than 5 p.m. Friday, March 30.

Afterward, The Gannon Knight adviser and the current editor-in-chief will arrange an interview with each candidate to discuss the written application in person and ask further questions.  Contact Knight adviser Frank Garland at [email protected] with questions or call 814-871-5808 for further information.

Alumni Lunchtime Lecture

Students, faculty and staff are invited to attend the “It’s a Small World: International Gannon” event as a part of its alumni lunchtime lecture series from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, March 14, in Room 219 of the Waldron Campus Center. The event is free, but an RSVP is required to reserve a seat. Contact Assistant Director of Alumni Services Tracy Lyons by Monday to RSVP.

The event will feature a discussion by a panel of current and alumni international students on the subjects of other cultures adapting to American society as well as Gannon’s progress as a global campus. Metz Dining Services will provide an internationally themed fare for the luncheon, including wonton soup, pakora vegetables and carrot pudding.

To submit news tips to be featured in the Knightly News section, please send an email to [email protected] by 5 p.m. Sunday.