Knightly News: Week of March 30

Chloe Palmiere, News Editor

KNIGHTLY NEWS:

Editorial board applications available

Applications are available for students interested in serving on the Editorial Board of The Gannon Knight for the 2022-2023 school year. The form can be obtained by emailing Maddy Bruce, current editor-in-chief, at [email protected] or Knight adviser Frank Garland at [email protected]. Applications are due at 5 p.m. Friday, April 15, and can be submitted to Garland by email at [email protected].

Positions for editors and assistant editors are available for the news, sports, features and arts and leisure sections. The Knight is also looking for copy editors, a photo coordinator, a Roundtable editor, a social media director and a business and advertising manager. Scholarship funding is awarded for select positions, and the business and advertising manager positions are paid based on ad sales commissions. Contact Garland or The Knight staff at [email protected] for further information.

Day of Caring set for Saturday

Join the Center for Social Concerns and Global Exploration for the annual Day of Caring event from 8 a.m. until noon Saturday at various locations around the Erie community. The day will focus on giving back to the community that has given Gannon so much. There will be groups and different organizations going around Erie. RSVP on engageu.gannon.edu.

Relay For Life to take place Saturday

Join the Relay for Life club at 1 p.m. Saturday in the Recreation and Wellness Center for the annual Relay for Life. The Relay for Life event is a community-based fundraiser, where all of the money raised goes to the American Cancer Society for cancer research. RSVP on engage.u.gannon.edu.

Compiled by:

Chloe Palmiere