Ellie Malesiewski
Influence in the Industry Event Flyer.

April 12, 2024/Midnight 

Erie Pa., — The Gannon University Ad-Comm and PR Club will be hosting Influence in the Industry.

Influence in the Industry is a panel presentation featuring three professionals in the communications industry from the community. The event will take place on April 16, 2024, from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. in the Schuster Gallery located on the first floor of the Center for Communication and the Arts building, on the corner of 7th St. and Peach St. 

The three professionals featured on the panel are Alizabeth (Allie) Leng-Barton, Nicole Lossie and Mary Wassell, who are all graduates of Gannon University. They were asked to participate in this event because of their success in the advertising and public relations fields and their valuable insight into the post-graduation job market. 

Alizabeth Leng-Barton is the founder of Stratimize Marketing. As a solo-preneur, Allie leverages her near decade of experience in digital marketing strategy to collaborate closely with clients, understanding their unique needs and goals to craft tailored solutions that drive results and foster long-term success.  

Her career has spanned grassroots nonprofits to global corporations, enabling her to help businesses of all sizes achieve meaningful connections and build successful marketing strategies that bridge the gap between marketing and sales.  

Nicole Lossie is the marketing manager for the Erie Playhouse. She collaborates with the administrative and artistic team on promotion, communication, and PR related to their productions, programming, branding, and events. She also manages the Playhouse’s daily social media presence, email campaigns, and ongoing content schedule.  

Mary Wassell is the marketing and communication director at Parker Philips. She joined Parker Philips in 2021, and has worked closely with clients, as she enjoys helping them make a meaningful impact.  

As a project manager, Mary clearly communicates to first assess and then develop a plan to meet client needs. She is a skilled copywriter and editor who understands the role that dynamic social media content, informative press releases, robust op-eds, and strong relationships with the media play in achieving client goals.  

By constantly churning out written content, including press releases, op-eds, letters to the editors, and newsletters, and planning targeted public relations campaigns, she helps to garner the attention of targeted audiences and elected officials for different clients from government, corporate, and the nonprofit world. 

The event will begin at 5:00 p.m. with a networking session where students can get to know the panelists. At 5:30 p.m., the panel presentation will begin and following the presentation, students will have the opportunity to ask the panelists questions. Students from all majors are welcome and encouraged to attend, as this information is valuable for any professional field. Attendees are asked to RSVP on engageU or email Madeline Emerson ([email protected]) to register for the event.