Knightly News: Week of April 6

Chloe Palmiere, News Editor

Knight Editorial Board

applications now available

Applications are available for students interested in serving on the Editorial Board of The Gannon Knight for the 2022-2023 school year. The form can be obtained by emailing Maddy Bruce, current editor-in-chief, at [email protected] or Knight adviser Frank Garland at [email protected] are due at 5 p.m. Friday, April 15, and can be submitted to Garland by email at [email protected]. Positions for editors and assistant editors are available for the news, sports, features and arts and leisure sections. The Knight is also looking for copy editors, a photo coordinator, a Roundtable editor, a social media director and a business and advertising manager. Scholarship funding is awarded for select positions, and the business and advertising manager positions are paid based on ad sales commissions. Contact Garland or The Knight staff at [email protected] for further information.

Student Leader Launch set

for Friday in Yehl Ballroom

Leadership Development and Campus Engagement is hosting its first leadership launch at 3 p.m. Friday in the Yehl Ballroom. The event is for all students who hold a formal leadership position and want to apply for one within Transition Guides, Resident Assistants, University Ambassadors and Commuter Advisers. The event will also have a keynote speech from TedTalk speaker Drew Dudley, with social hour after the launch. RSVP on engageu.gannon.edu.

CHESS Speaker Series

continues April 21

The upcoming CHESS speaker series event will focus on mental health and acts of kindness and will have Diana Chao as the speaker. Chao is a suicide attempt survivor and suicide loss survivor and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder at the age of 13. The event will take place at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 21, in Waldron 219. RSVP on engageu.gannon.edu.

Complied by:

Chloe Palmiere