Gannon University Aviation Business Management flyer
Gannon University

February 16, 2024/Midnight

Erie, PA – While Gannon University offers a variety of degrees and programs, the newest addition to the list is unlike any other. In partnership with Fundamentals Flight Training, Gannon is taking its students high into the skies with the new Aviation and Business Management degree.

The program has just recently been announced in a press conference on February 8, at Erie International Airport. Classes for the program will begin in Fall of 2024.

The airline industry is rapidly expanding. A large demand for pilots is expected to hit the job market in the next few years, and thousands of job opportunities are beginning to open for aviators every year.

This degree is not only geared towards aspiring pilots, and is just as useful for aspiring flight attendants, airport operators, and airline managers. Students will learn a variety of skills to keep up with the industry job market and demands.

Students can earn three Federal Aviation Administration licenses. These are the Pilot, Instrument Rating, and Commercial Pilot licenses. Students will also have the option to become an FAA Certified Flight Instructor, while pursuing a bachelor’s degree simultaneously. Fundamentals Flight Training also notes that there are scholarships and financial aid available for students.

There will be a strong emphasis on practical training and application of course material. Students pursuing the degree can fly an aircraft in their first semester enrolled.

The opportunity for students pursuing the bachelor’s degree program to replace course credits with placement at Fundamentals Flight Training, to give them hands-on experience.

“Our program will equip students with the aeronautics knowledge and business acumen needed for success in a wide variety of roles,” said Gannon’s Provost and Vice President for Student Experience, Sarah Ewing, Ph.D.

“By mastering aviation principles, embracing modern technologies and honing effective communication skills, our graduates will be poised to make a lasting impact in the aviation industry and beyond.”

Gannon is partnering with Fundamentals Flight Training to make this program possible. Fundamentals Flight Training provides the Erie area with FAA certified flight instruction, and their program will include learning on a diverse array of aircraft.

Fundamental Flight Training uses seven different aircraft, each requiring a unique skillset and training to manage, that students will be trained to fly while enrolled in the program. The combination of real time flying, as well as flight simulators, will give students experience flying in a multitude of situations and weather conditions.

The degree will be available as either an associate or a bachelor’s degree. Aviation and Business Management is only the latest addition to Gannon’s long list of unique and practical programs and degrees. If you need more information or are interested in the program, visit Gannon University’s website for enrollment content.