What is a piece of advice you wish you had received prior to coming to college?

Tabatha Kowal; Junior Healthcare Administration Major
“One piece of advice I wish I had received prior to coming to college is that being around people who motivate you makes all the difference to your own productivity. Being surrounded by people who have similar mindsets keeps you driven and maintains your motivation. Personally, I think it can be hard to have motivation all the time, and sometimes college can be draining. It’s important to be around people who make you the best version of yourself.”
Mia Ambuski; Senior Chemistry Major “Do not be intimidated by your professors! A lot of people made me feel like college classrooms would be a scary place before I got here. That’s not true at all. Most professors are incredible people who just want to see you succeed. Ask them questions, get to know them, and learn from them! Life-wise: Your college experience is unique to you. It’s not going to look like what you see on TV or even look the same as your classmates. That’s okay! Make it what you want, and don’t feel pressured to make it “the best years of your life.” Just be present and see where life takes you.”
Nessa Mitchell; Freshman Criminal Justice Major
“One piece of advice I wish I knew before coming to Gannon, is that it’s okay to not be okay. Other people are going through your same struggles whether it’s adapting to living situations, trying to find friends, or having trouble in their major; you’re not alone. Always reach out to someone and utilize clubs and other campus resources!”
Audrey Thompson; Junior Physician Assistant Major
“In the future, no one will care about what grades you got in college…they will care about what kind of person you are.”