Finding God on Gannon’s Campus

By GRACE DENNIS

staff writer

I strongly believe that beauty can be seen in every aspect of life, even if it may be difficult to find upon first glance.

Even the things we complain about can be viewed from a more positive standpoint as long as we’re willing to look.

Currently, one of the biggest complaints shared across campus is the weather. Whether it’s an ice storm, a thunderstorm or a blizzard, Erie has seen it all over the course of this semester.

Sure, it’s easy to look at snow with distain, because now the temperatures have dropped, driving becomes more difficult, as does walking to class, etc.

And if you think snow is bad, an ice storm is bad enough to cancel classes.

As for thunderstorms, how are we expected to walk to class in the rain if we spent the morning doing our hair? That’s just not fair.

Not to mention, the ground was frozen less than 24 hours ago and now it’s just one, huge mud puddle and my rain boots are at home because I didn’t think I’d need them just yet.

While all of these may be valid complaints, it is almost undeniable that nature is one of the most beautiful things we are able to experience.

God designed and created this planet for us and he is certainly the greatest artist of all time.

For example, the fact that each snowflake is unique with its own intricate, crystalized design is absolutely amazing. And while blizzards or ice storms may not be ideal, a gentle snowfall is so peaceful and calm. It’s enough to stop me and remind us that beauty can be found in even the simplest of things.

As for thunderstorms, the power behind a bolt of lightning and the booming clap of thunder is unmatched. It’s hard not to be amazed.

Job 28: 25-27 says, “When he established the force of the wind and measured out the waters, when he made a decree for the rain and a path for the thunderstorm, then he looked at wisdom and appraised it; he confirmed it and tested it.”

All of nature was carefully designed by our Lord and that fact alone shows that there is beauty in the various types of weather we have the opportunity to experience.

So, next time you go to complain about the snow or the rain or whatever else it may be, remember that all of this was created by God.

Beauty can be found in each and every aspect of it, as long as you’re willing to stop and look.

GRACE DENNIS