Knightly News

Totem accepting submissions

Gannon’s award-winning literary arts magazine, The Totem, is currently accepting submissions for its 2013 edition. The totem accepts all forms of original prose, poetry, screenplay, artwork and original recordings of music and dramatic readings.

The deadline for submitting entries is Nov. 1.

All written submissions may be sent electronically to [email protected], artwork may be submitted electronically or dropped off at the Totem office in Room  3242 of the Palumbo Academic Center or the English department office. For audio submissions, contact Chet LaPrice at [email protected].

Library holds book sale

Gannon University’s Nash Library will host its annual book sale Tuesday and Wednesday, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days. On the first day, hardcover books will be sold for $2.50, with many other items selling for a dollar or less. On the second day, all items will be sold at half price.

Homecoming this weekend

Voting for king and queen candidates end at noon Friday. Students can vote by going to www.gannon.edu/homecomingvote.

Tickets for the dance on Saturday are on sale till 5 p.m. Saturday and are sold online at www.gannontickets.com, and are $10 per person until 5 p.m. Saturday, and $20 per person at the door.

To submit news tips to be featured in the Knightly News section, please send an email to [email protected] by 5 p.m. Sunday.