Gannon Writing Awards Night 2020

The 43rd Annual Gannon Writing Awards Night takes place at 7:30 p.m on Wednesday, April 22 in Yehl Ballroom, located in the Waldron Campus Center.
The night is to recognize students in areas such as research, poetry and journalism.
The contest is open to all Gannon University students (graduate and undergraduate).
For poetry, each contestant may submit up to two poems emailed as separate attachments to [email protected] no later than Friday, Feb. 14.
Winners will be awarded with cash prizes, as well as a signed book and an opportunity to join a free poetry workshop by Poet Sherwin Bitsui.
Selected poems will be published in the Awards Night program and in Gannon’s award-winning literacy magazine, Totem.
Poems will be judged by acclaimed poet David Swerdlow.
For more information about the poetry contest, contact Shreelina Ghosh, Ph.D., at [email protected].
For journalism. each student may submit up to two articles in each category: news, features, op-ed, reviews, sports and photo.
Entries are due by noon Thursday, Feb. 13, in Frank Garland’s office in Room 319 of the Center for Communication and the Arts.
Students may enter two articles per category.
Entries must have been published in a campus or professional medium between Feb. 11, 2019, and Feb. 12 of this year.
First place will be awarded $50 and second place will be awarded $25.
For more information, contact Garland at 814-871-5808 or [email protected].

View Comments (1)