Knightly News

Memorial Service for Jason Wahl set for Tuesday

Campus Ministry invites students, faculty, staff and all members of the Gannon community to attend a memorial service in memory of Jason Wahl at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Mary, Seat of Wisdom Chapel.

The memorial is held shortly after the one-year anniversary of Wahl’s death on April 13.

Wahl died after incurring head injuries when he fell from the second-floor balcony of the Alpha Phi Delta fraternity house.

Student Technology Support Center training available

The Student Technology Support Center in Nash Library is now offering software troubleshooting and training.

The support center’s student workers have been trained on Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2010 essentials through Lynda.com, an online video-training library that has more than 1,400 software, career development and technology training titles.

The students were also trained on scanning photos and the use of Photoshop tools and the Adobe Creative Suite and can assist or answer questions.

The service is available from 6-9:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 3-9:30 p.m. Sunday.

Prohibition makes resurgence at Late Knight event

The Knight, WERG and Sigma Tau Delta will host its Late-Knight recruitment event, a 1920s-style “Speakeasy,” at 9 p.m. Friday at The Knight Club.

Join us for a  fun night of moonshine mocktails, food, prizes, a costume contest and more. And don’t forget, this is a prohibition event – you’ll need a password to get in. Just say “Gatsby” at the door.

College of Engineering and Business dean search sessions

The College of Engineering and Business announces on-campus interviews with three candidates for the college’s dean position.

All applications have been reviewed and the three candidates were selected based on their credentials and interactions with the search committee.

Gannon students are invited and encouraged to participate in the interview process by attending prescheduled open sessions, during which time candidates will be introduced and given time to speak and entertain questions.

Evaluation forms will be made available at each open session to obtain feedback from the Gannon community regarding each candidate.

The open session for Jeffrey L. Ray, Ph.D, is scheduled for 4 p.m. Thursday in Room 101 of the Zurn Science Center and  at 8:45 a.m. Friday in the Stubler Room of the Waldron Campus Center.

The second open session will feature Alexander Domijan Jr., Ph.D., and is scheduled for 4 p.m. Tuesday in Room 101 of the Zurn Science Center and  at 8:45 a.m. on May 1, in the Stubler Room of the Waldron Campus Center.

The third open session will include William L. Scheller II, Ph.D., and is scheduled for 3 p.m. May 2, in Room 101 of the Zurn Science Center and  at 8:45 a.m. on May 3, in the Stubler Room at the Waldron Campus Center.

To submit news tips to be featured in the Knightly News section, please send a brief email to [email protected] by 5 p.m. Sunday.