Knightly News

Applications for editorial positions available

Applications are available for students interested in serving on the Editorial Board of The Gannon Knight for the 2013-2014 school year. The form can be obtained by sending an e-mail to Kelly Moreland at [email protected] or Knight adviser Frank Garland at [email protected]. Applications are due Friday,  and can be submitted to Garland by email or in Palumbo 3229.

Several positions are available. Scholarship funding is awarded for select positions. Contact The Knight staff at [email protected] for further information.

Prohibition makes resurgence at Late Knight event

The Knight, WERG and Sigma Tau Delta will host its Late-Knight recruitment event, a 1920s-style “Speakeasy” at 9 p.m. Friday, April 26, at The Knight Club.

Join us for a  fun night of moonshine mocktails, food, prizes, a costume contest and more. And don’t forget, this is a prohibition event; you’ll need a password to get in. Just say “Gatsby” at the door.

Totem editor applications now available

The Totem is accepting applications for editor and staff positions for 2013- 2014. Students may email Berwyn Moore, a professor in the English department, at [email protected] for the application.

Jazz band to play in Waldron Wednesday

‘AZQ,’ Erie’s jazz quartet, will be featuring original compositions and music of the post-bop era near the piano at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Waldron Campus Center.

This arts encounter event features Gannon University’s communications department  faculty member, David Blaetz, who will be playing the electric upright bass.

Cajun style refreshments will be offered. The event is open to the Gannon community and to  the public free of charge.

To submit news tips to be featured in the Knightly News section, please send a brief email to [email protected] by 5 p.m. Sunday.