Knightly News

LSC holds first Valentine’s Salsa Night

The Latino Student Committee at Gannon University is holding its first Valentine’s Salsa Night from 7-10 p.m. Thursday at The Knight Club at the corner of Fourth and Sassafras streets.

A Salsa lesson and contest will be held. Students can dance to the music of a Latin DJ. The event will be open to the public. Appetizers will be provided.

Poetry Competition deadline approaches

The English department is accepting entries for its annual student poetry contest. Each student may submit two poems, each on a separate page. Entries must be typed. Students must include their name, address, phone number, major and class level on the front of each entry.

Entries must be submitted to the English department office in Room 3227 of the Palumbo Academic Center by 3 p.m. Feb. 13.

Awards of $100 will be given to the graduate student winner and the first-place undergraduate winner, $75 will go to second-place finishers and $50 to third-place finishers.

For more information, contact Berwyn Moore by phone at 814-871-7504 or by email at [email protected].

Schuster presents singing valentines

Gannon’s Schuster Theatre offers students the chance to send singing valentines to their friends or loved ones.

For an on-campus fee of $5 and an off-campus fee of $10, recepients of the singing valentines will receive chocolate kisses and a personalized note, and will get to listen to a song performed by theater and chorus members.

All Valentines must be ordered and paid with cash in advance. For additional information, contact the Rev. Shawn Clerkin at [email protected]

To submit news tips for the Knightly News section, send an email to [email protected] by 5 p.m. Sunday.