Knightly News

Entries accepted for journalism contest

The journalism communications program at Gannon is holding its annual journalism contest, open to all Gannon students.

Submissions will fall within six categories: news, features, op-ed, reviews, sports and photo.

Entries are due by noon Friday, March 1, and can be dropped off at Room 3229 and Room 3227 of the A.J. Palumbo Academic Center.

Students may submit two articles per category. Entries must have been published in a campus or professional medium between Feb. 24, 2012, and March 1.

Interested students are required to tape each entry to 8.5-by-11 white paper and print category, name of publication, date published, name, major, year and phone number on the back of the paper..

Interested students can contact Garland at 814-871-5808 for information.

University holds MLK multimedia contest

Gannon University is holding a multimedia contest themed “Live the Dream.”

Students who are interested should represent the theme through any original creative medium: art, photography, writing, music, etc. Cash prizes will be given to winners.

Submissions are due to Sara Lichtenwalter, Ph.D., by 5 p.m. Monday at Room 1214 in the A.J. Palumbo Academic Center or emailed at [email protected].

Rec Center holds classes

The Carneval Athletic Pavilion is offering exercise classes throughout the semester.

Classes offered include cardio, water aerobics and kettlebell. Students are invited to try these classes and more for free throughout Friday.

Students interested in continuing the classes can reserve one of the 20 spots in each class for $10 for a 10-week session, or can stop by at the beginning of class and pay a $2 drop-in fee, if a spot is available.

Payments must be made by Monday at the Rec Center with cash, checks or GU Gold.

For more information, students can contact Michelle Wagner at [email protected]

Late Knight funding available

One $500 grant is available for student groups who are interested in hosting a Late Knight Gannon event. The Late Knight Gannon application must be completed in full and returned to Julie Srnka at KEIM 101 by 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 15.

To submit news tips to be featured in the Knightly News section, should please send an brief email to [email protected] by 5 p.m. Sunday.