Freshmen urged to get involved

It’s hard to believe, but it’s already freshman move-in week. Summer vacation is over.
Before getting into the usual “please, please, please write for The Gannon Knight” routine, we, the staff of The Knight, would like to welcome you, the freshmen, to Gannon University.
Whether you’ve chosen to major in journalism communications, nursing or anything in between, you should know that it’s going to be an interesting four years. And probably some of the best years of your life.
No matter what you choose to do with them, please don’t let those years go to waste.
Go to class and learn everything you possibly can. After all, that’s why you and your parents are paying the big bucks. Don’t let them down by slacking off.
Get involved in clubs and organizations around campus as soon as you can. Now that you’re here, no time is too soon. And the great thing about Gannon is that there is always room for one more – you.
If you’re looking for the right club, pick up a copy of The Knight every Wednesday afternoon. It will be full of stories involving different clubs and organizations on campus. Plus, if you read the news section, you’ll have the added bonus of knowing what’s going on around here.
The staff at The Knight works really hard all year to make sure that the Gannon community is informed. If nothing else, flatter them with your readership. Every set of eyes makes a difference. And who knows – you could see something in there that you’d like to write to us about.
If you like what you see in The Knight, contact us to become involved. And if you don’t like what you see, then contact us and help us fix it. There’s a solution for every problem, and it really is that easy to get involved at Gannon. All you have to do is express an interest.
Even if the newspaper isn’t your thing, find the thing that is. Get involved. Do something with your time here. It will make your college experience completely unforgettable.