Knightly News

Sigma Tau Delta book drive ending
Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honor Society, will be closing its fall semester book drive with a last call for donations due Dec. 15.
Gently used textbooks and other literary donations should be placed within the green, orange and white Better World Book Drive cardboard bins, located throughout campus.
Sigma Tau Delta will then package the donated books and mail them to Better World Books, who will then ship them across the world to spread the joy of learning.

Gannon Band Christmas Concert
The Gannon University Band will perform its annual Christmas concert at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Mary, Seat of Wisdom Chapel.
This will be first-year band director Dana Bennett’s debut Christmas concert after filling the position left vacant by the death of Bruce Morton Wright.
The concert will feature a medley of delightful holiday favorites with a contemporary twist.

M.E. “Modern Warfare” tourney
The Gannon chapter of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers is holding a “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3” videogame tournament at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Rooms 143 and 146 of the Zurn Science Center.
Cost for participation is $2, and the funds raised will benefit the club and allow for future trips to engineering conferences.
Interested students should send an email to Tanner Furno at [email protected].

Library hours lengthened for finals

Nash Library will be offering extended hours to cater to the studying needs of students leading up to finals week.
These special hours include 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, 12:30 p.m. to 3 a.m. Sunday, 7:30 a.m. to 3 a.m. Monday to Thursday, and 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16.

O.T. Dodgeball deadline extended
O.T.s on a Mission is extending the registration deadline for its inaugural dodgeball tournament to Friday.
Signups should include team name, roster, captain’s email address and a $30 team fee. Checks can be made out to “Lynne Oberle – O.T.s on a Mission.”
Registration forms should be sent to Leah Johnson at PMB #1132.
The funds raised from the dodgeball tournament will assist the preparation of the occupational therapy service learning trip to Central America.

Sign-ups for Ireland trip now accepted
The Rev. Shawn Clerkin is leading an Irish heritage tour through Education First College Study Tours on May 15-24. For more info, email Clerkin at [email protected].

To submit news tips to be featured in the Knightly News section, please send an email to [email protected] by 5 p.m. Sunday.