Knightly News

Child Soldiers Film
There will be a showing of “Tony” at 7 p.m. Thursday in Room 104 of the Zurn Science Center. The film examines the conditions of child soldiers in Uganda, and is produced by the Invisible Children organization.
APB is sponsoring the event to recognize International Education Week.

“Give a Spit”
Gannon University students will have a chance to join the bone marrow donor registry during “Give a Spit,” an event sponsored by DoSomething.org.
The event takes place 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 29. Students should register and text “SWABBED” to 38383. If Gannon gets more than 200 donors, the school will receive $100 for a pizza party. If Gannon has the most new  donors registered, it will recieve $2,000 for a party.
Greeks who register and text “GreekCheek” and their letters to 38383 can help their sorority or fraternity have a chance to win up to 100 personalized T-shirts. Check out marrow.org for more information.

One Green World Art Competition
Gannon is sponsoring an Arts Challenge open to all students, faculty and staff. This year’s theme is “One Green World,” inspired by Gannon’s One Green World Café. Participants may submit artwork targeted in any one of these three areas: One World, Green World and Gannon.
Interested students can sign up for the competition at the Information Desk in the Waldron Campus Center or at One Green World Café. Those who sign up will also be given supplies. There will also be an arts workshop 7-11 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 30, at One Green World Café.
Submissions for the competition will be accepted until midnight Dec. 1.

Knight Correction
In last week’s Knight edition some photos from the Homecoming spread on Page 2 were incorrectly attributed to Deadria Clarke. All photos  were taken by Ashton Clarke.

To submit news tips to be featured in the Knightly News section, please send an email to [email protected] by 5 p.m. Sunday.