Knightly News

Library Book Sale

Gannon’s Nash Library is sponsoring a book sale to be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday Oct. 25 and Wednesday Oct. 26.

On the first day of the sale, hardcover books will be priced at $2.50; videos, audiobooks and paperbacks will be $1 and pocket paperbacks will cost 50 cents.

On the second and final day of the book sale, every item will be marked off at half price. The entrance to the book sale will be through Nash’s back entrance adjacent to the Seventh Street parking lot. All proceeds go to benefit the library’s book budget.

Coffeehouse held by Sigma Tau Delta

Sigma Tau Delta, the English Honors Society, is sponsoring a coffeehouse at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, at the One Green World Cafe.

The coffeehouse will begin with an open mic session, in which poetry, music and solo performances of one-act plays are appropriate.

Following the open mic session, Sigma Tau Delta will welcome George Looney, chair of the BFA in Creative Writing program at Penn State Behrend, along with several other accomplishments.

Looney has written six books, including  “The Precarious Rhetoric of Angels” and “Attendant Ghosts,” with a seventh book on the way.

Sigma Tau Delta is dedicating this semester’s coffeehouse to Edgar Allan Poe.

Totem deadline approaching

Totem, Gannon’s premier creative writing and arts publication, is still accepting submissions from all students and faculty.

Participants should send their submissions to [email protected] no later than 5 p.m. Oct. 28.

Totem accepts all entries of short fiction, poetry, artwork and photography.

All entries will be reviewed by a select panel of judges to determine which pieces will be published.

Presentation on gas drilling

John Hanger, former head of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection will be giving a lecture on Marcellus Shale Gas Drilling in Pennsylvania and its Environmental Consequences at 7 p.m. Thursday Oct. 20  in Room 104 of the Zurn Science Center.

This event is free and open to the public.

Relay For Life Kick-Off Party

Gannon’s Relay For Life team is sponsoring its annual Kick-Off Party at 6 p.m. Monday. The event will feature food, prizes and all information regarding this year’s Relay For Life events.

Cedar Point tickets now on sale

The Activities Programming Board’s annual trip to Cedar Point will take place Saturday.

Tickets are now on sale at gannontickets.com for $40 per person.

Up to two tickets can be purchased with an undergraduate ID.

Participants will depart by bus at 7:30 a.m. for the park and return in the evening.

To submit news tips to be featured in the Knightly News section, please send an email to [email protected] by 5 p.m. Sunday.