Spring semester brings new sports

Fall semester is over, and we are off to the spring. Break was hectic for me, yet even crazier for Gannon sports. Numerous Knights teams were still playing. We had wins, losses, heartbreaks and a few last-minute victories.
And we are going to dive into a brief catch-up on what you missed.
First off the block — or you could say the diving block — we have swimming and diving. The men’s swim team had two meets over break; the Knights ended up going 1-1, barely shifting their overall record to 5-2.
On the women’s side of the pool deck, Gannon also had two meets and also went .500. The team’s overall record is now 2-5.
Out of the pool and onto the basketball court, the men’s team was competitive, going 4-3 to move their overall record to 7-8. The Knights are having a challenging season so far but luckily, they have plenty of more games left this semester. And bet your B-ball loving gym shorts that we will be covering the rest of their season.
In a more positive note, the dominant women’s team continued to shine during the break, going on a six-game win streak and losing just one of seven games.
The Knights managed to improve their record to a solid 13-4, and hopefully they will continue their on-court dominance throughout this semester.
Finally, we are dribbling to the wrestling mat. Over the long and semicold winter break, the women’s wrestling team continued its dominant season by going 3-2 over break. The Knights’ record is now a crushing 7-2. The men, meanwhile, check in at 3-5 going into Friday’s 7 p.m. match against Shippensburg at the Hammermill Center.
So that’s almost all our Gannon sports for the winter break. As I said in the beginning, we had some wins, losses, heartbreaks and a few last-minute victories.
As always, GO KNIGHTS!

TOM SWICK