Gannon sports to hold championships

Looking for something to do this weekend? Well, folks, this is going to be an entertaining weekend for Gannon sports as we have numerous championships and tournaments happening. So I am here to help you navigate what is going on.
First off, we have Gannon cross country, where Joseph Westrick and Ryan Garich will be competing across the country in Sacramento, Calif., for the NCAA Division II Championships.
Westrick has been dominating all season long and qualified for the championships by placing fourth in the NCAA Atlantic Regional. This is the second straight year he qualified for the national meet.
Also happening this weekend is water polo. The Gannon men are coming off the Mid-Atlantic Water Polo Conference Western championship, which the Knights hosted earlier this month.
Now, Gannon is moving on to compete in the MAWPC Conference Championship, which will be hosted by Bucknell. The Knights will take on 16th-ranked Fordham at 6 p.m. Friday in their opening-round match.
And to round off the rest of Gannon sports, the men’s basketball team will make its home debut this weekend, as the Knights host West Chester at 3 p.m. Saturday and then entertain Millersville at 3 p.m. Sunday at the Hammermill Center.
The men’s team is off to a 0-1 start and could use our support. The women’s basketball team, at 3-1, hosts the same two schools on the same days, with games starting at 1 p.m. both days.
And finally men’s and women’s swimming have the Magnus Cup this weekend in Cleveland, so make sure to give your support to our Gannon swim team.
So you see folks we have lots of games this coming weekend and we need to cheer on our school.
And as always GO KNIGHTS!

TOM SWICK