Knightly News – Sept. 12

Harmful Algal Blooms Workshop set for Sept. 29
The Regional Science Consortium will hold an educational workshop about Harmful Algal Blooms, or HABs. The workhop will be from 8:30 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Sept. 29, at the Tom Ridge Environmental Center, 301 Peninsula Drive. The workshop will increase your knowledge of HABs.
Reserving a spot is highly recommended as there is a limited capacity. Reserve a spot by contacting Amber Stilwell at [email protected] by Sept. 26.

Knight Watch Van now operating to drive students
The Knight Watch Van is now available for students to use to safely get around campus at night. Hours of operation are from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Sunnday through Thursday and from 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Friday and Saturday.
The LiveSafe App has a button to request a ride, a campus map, an emergency call button and a building directory. Students can use the LiveSafe app to request a free ride to and from locations in and around the campus geography or by texting 814-722-8232.

Gannon Recreation and Wellness Center hosts Great American Picnic
Stop by the Recreation and Wellness Center from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Friday for free food and other free goodies.
Students, faculty and staff are invited to attend.

A Taste of TRAVEL
Come out and enjoy an evening learning about the TRAVEL Program from past participants while sampling delicious international foods.
Stop by Room 304 in Beyer Hall from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday.
Students will have the chance to learn about past and future trips, the TRAVEL experience in general, scholarships, fundraising opportunities, how to propose a trip, how to apply and much more.
Learn about your possibilites abroad through the TRAVEL program.

Compiled by: Veronica Kowalski