Game day is more than just fun

Gannon University’s Gamers’ Guild will host an open game dayfrom 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday on the second floor of Waldron Campus Center.

The event will be a day for students to take a break from studying and play many types of competitions. The entertainment featured will include board games, card games, PS4, XBox360 and Wii U.

There are currently a myriad of other games that the Gamers’ Guild is considering incorporating into the open game day as well.

To truly find out what will be happening that day, you’ll have to come and see for yourself.

Some of the contests that are included are “Super Smash Bros.,” “Monopoly,” “Battleship,”  “Mario Kart 8,” “Cards Against Humanity” and “Magic: The Gathering.”

This would be a great event for anyone who is interested in board games and/or video games because there are many tournaments for a variety of systems.

Anyone with a radical sense of humor would enjoy “Cards Against Humanity,” which has been described as similar to “Apples to Apples,” but with wackier cards.

Gamers’ Guild member Taylor Koby said, “I am personally looking forward to ‘Cards Against Humanity,’ ‘Uno’ and ‘Super Smash Bros.’ for the Wii.”

Many people have unforgettable memories from playing “Super Smash Bros.” as well as “Cards Against Humanity” and many other multiplayer games.

“It’s always more fun when you play with other people. It’s those kinds of games that create memories that will last.” Koby said.

There are many purposes of the game day. One is to help students to relax and take a break from all the stressors of college.

Playing a few rounds with other students can be not only relaxing, but it can also provide much needed social interaction.

The open game day can also bring an opportunity to meet new people, and multiplayer games are a great way to meet new people who share common interests.

The open game day benefits the Gannon Gamers’ Guild. The event can help bring light to the guild so that Gannon students know that there is a place to go in order to escape the stress of college.

The open game day can bring a break from homework that many college students want.

“A game night can benefit a college student by giving them an outlet from the stress of daily life and to relax and have fun,” Koby said.

Without some sort of outlet, students tend to find themselves getting drained and losing steam.

“A game night is the perfect way to help them relax while having fun with people who are in the same boat as them,” Koby said.

The open game day is a great time for anyone who enjoys video games, board games and/or card games and wants to take a break and meet new people.

Find this relaxing opportunity to meet people on the second floor of Waldron Saturday.

MIKE FUJITO