God’s spirit lives among busy people

Gannon University’s Mission and Ministry Office will be holding its biannual Busy Person’s Retreat. The four-day retreat will begin 7:30 p.m. Sunday and conclude at 6:30 p.m. the following Thursday.

The purpose of the retreat is to allow faculty, staff and students the chance to live their busy lives through the assistance of a spiritual guide.

Those attending the retreat are required to devote 30 minutes of prayer daily and to spend 30 minutes daily with a retreat guide. Retreaters may choose their own scriptures.

Deacon Steve Washek, director of Campus Ministry, said those involved with the retreat are the drivers of their own schedule. Washek said people will have the chance to choose when they pray and when they will meet with their spiritual guide.

“This is a chance for faculty, staff and students to open themselves up to more communication with God through the help of a spiritual guide,” Washek said.

“By being able to choose the time to pray and meet with a spiritual guide, people will not feel the pressure of having to change their schedules to fit in prayer.

“It is a week where everyone can experience the spirit of God while remaining in their daily routines.”

According to previous retreats, the average number of participants was roughly 25 to 30 people. There will be 15 counselors available to help spiritually guide people through the retreat.

The retreat will be on campus, making it more convenient for busy people to communicate with God. Washek said this retreat opens up a new path of communication spiritually with God that they may have never found before.

“Students are very plugged in with technology that they might be missing out on communication with God,” Washek said. “This could be a chance for students to unplug and tune in with God. Find new ways to speak with him by devoting 30 minutes a day for one week.”

This free, four-day event is open for registration until 11:59 p.m. Wednesday Washek said people who are interested in registering but are unable to meet the deadline can email Washek at [email protected].

More information is available at the Campus Ministry located in Waldron.

“The spirit of God will be filing the halls of Gannon during the retreat,” Washek said. “More than his usual spiritual presence.”

BECKY HILKER