Scretary: Adriani Cherico

Why are you running for Secretary? I am seeking re-election due to my high performance so far this year with the position and my desire to improve the position, which is one of the most time consuming within SGA. I hope to add some more responsibilities while clearly defining what my position will entail.

What are your goals if you were to be elected Secretary? If re-elected, I will better organize the minutes, which I have already been accomplishing, as well as begin a new Liability Program. The program will be given to officers in clubs on campus to ensure their personal safety in legal terms and knowledge on what can and cannot be done in the name of the university.

Why did you decide to get involved with SGA? As a freshman, I wanted to get involved with a very active, known group on campus, and SGA seemed like the perfect fit. I ran for secretary last year in order to improve my leadership skills within the organization. I have been able to serve SGA and the student body through the positions I have held within the organization and hope to be able to share such experiences with other students and incoming freshmen.

What have you accomplished during your time on SGA? During my time in SGA, I have organized our participation in Hunger and Homelessness Week, planned our banquets and retreats, tracked minutes and office hours and managed to keep up with questions from students regarding our organization to the best of my ability while slowly improving upon the quality of internal affairs of SGA.

What have you accomplished during your time on campus? During my time on campus, I have become active in many clubs and organizations while attempting to meet many new people. Other than that, I just wish to make a positive difference within the Gannon community, which I have so far accomplished through my membership is such organizations.

Why should the students vote for you as Secretary?

Students should vote for me, knowing that I will continue to improve the position of secretary, as well as the experience I already have in the position and the importance in my ability to regulate internal SGA affairs to ensure the needs of the students are met through the other E-Board positions. My ability to complete tasks and organize within SGA is something that is still needed by the organization as a whole.

Is there anything else you’d like the student body to know about you? I simply want to help SGA help the students. My position requires me to focus on SGA as an organization by being there for those within it who are ensuring that the quality of Gannon is constantly increasing.

COLLEEN LANGHAM