Vice President of Clubs and Organizations: Katy Roose

Why are you running for the position of VP of Clubs and Organization? I am running for the position of VP of Clubs and Organizations because I would like to step up into a leadership role in SGA that I feel I am the best fit for. I have a passion for student government and Gannon University and I feel that I can give back a lot to the university through this position.

Why did you decide to get involved with SGA? When I was a freshman, I met several students on SGA during Preview GU. They were a fun-loving, intelligent, well-spoken and determined group that I wanted to be a part of. I ended up running and falling in love with the work. Being on various committees, hosting different events, supporting the organizations and clubs on campus and helping Gannon become better with a great group of people has been a great experience.

What have you accomplished during your time on campus? I have been a part of several organizations that have accomplished a lot throughout the years I have been at Gannon. As a softball team, we have had the highest GPA in the PSAC for two years running and have made the PSAC playoffs. We have beaten nationally ranked teams and have become closer as a team and as a family. Phi Sigma Sigma has won an award for the most service hours completed, and we have made an impact on campus as well as in the Gannon community.

What have you accomplished during your time in SGA? Through SGA, I have had the opportunity to volunteer, help plan two leadership conferences, attend leadership conferences, assist students perform educational projects and much more. I look forward to being able to direct certain projects, have a greater influence and be an inspiration at Gannon.

Why should the students vote for you? Students should vote for me because I am dedicated to making their experience at Gannon the best that I can, while having a positive influence at Gannon and on the community. I have such a passion for this university and everything that Gannon has given me, and I would like another opportunity to give back. As far as technical experience, I have helped plan the GOLD Conference for two years and have been a part of the Unity Week committee for two years as well, and these are two major responsibilities of the VP of Clubs and Organizations.

KHADIJA DJELLOULI