Gannon captures fall classic title

The Gannon University women’s golf team took the first-place title when they scored a team total of 628 during the Michael Corbett Fall Classic at the Lake Shore Country Club Monday.

Competing against 17 other teams, the Knights took the lead by 19 strokes at their home tournament.

The  Knights also won the Evann Parker Memorial Saturday, securing them the first-place position over Waterloo University, which had a team total of 647 at the end of the weekend.

Filling in the remaining top five positions for the tournament were Ursulin in third with a total of 660, Seton Hill in fourth only two behind with 662 and Wheeling Jesuit in fifth with 665.

Senior Amanda Teodorsson completed the 36-hole weekend with a score of 150, giving her a second-place finish overall. Finishing the final round with a total of 74, Teodorsson was able to shave two strokes off her first-round score of 76.

Gannon had two more golfers who finished in the top 10. Senior Bhanisha Nagindas tied for fourth place with a weekend total of 154, and freshman Diana Munoz tied for seventh place with a weekend total of 160.

Completing Gannon’s team scoring for the weekend were senior Mary Eighmy claiming 18th with 168, and freshman Kasey Harter, who tied for 35th with 170. Junior Annie Yovich competed individually and finished the 36 holes with a 168.

The women’s golf team returns to the course Sunday and Monday during the Clarion Invitational at the Clarion Oaks Golf Club.

BECKY HILKER