Interview week seeks to help students

Caonabo Camilo, Staff Writer

Gannon University students looking to land full-time employment or an internship will have a chance to interview with 10 companies as part of an Interview Week event scheduled for the week of Oct. 25-29.

The event will be open to all majors. In order to participate, students and graduates must apply for each role they are interested in through Handshake.

A total of 26 full-time and internship positions will be open for interviews.

In order to prepare, Stacy Ress, assistant director for Career Preparation, suggests making sure resumes and cover letters are strong. Ress said Handshake has resources on resumes, cover letters and more.

Students who already have an account created can access those resources. Students can use their Gannon email address and current network password to log in, and all of the information is located under the “Career Center” tab.

Ress said that scheduling an appointment to meet with a career adviser is also strongly recommended.

“We can help ensure that you’re tailoring your document and putting your best foot forward,” Ress said.

To schedule an appointment, reach out to [email protected].

Applications for Interview Week must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. Oct. 13.

Employers expected to be at the event include Diamond Hospitality Services LLC, Erie County Human Resources, ESS, ExERIEnce Children’s Museum, Federal Resources Corporation, Multicultural Community Resource Center, Parker LORD, PNC, Progressive Insurance and SKM.

The positions open for applications include management in training (Diamond Hospitality Services LLC), human human resources intern (Erie County Human Resources), substitute teachers, educational assistants, school nurses (ESS), education assistant, museum assistant (ExERIEnce Children’s Museum), cybersecurity maturity model certification internship, finance internship, management internship, marketing internship, revenue support internship (Federal Resources Corporation), youth mentoring program intern, truancy prevention case manager (Spanish Speaking) (Multicultural Community Resource Center), summer engineering intern (Parker LORD), internal audit intern (PNC), IT systems analyst associate, IT quality assurance analyst, IT systems test engineer, IT project manager associate, mainframe software developer intern, mainframe software developer, software developer, software developer intern (Progressive Insurance) and entry level accountants and accounting intern (SKM).

Ress said that while the hiring decisions are up to the employers, “this is a great opportunity for students because the employers are specifically here to interview Gannon students.”

“If you found an internship on Indeed, you’re up against any student from any school that wanted to apply. With on-campus interviews, you’re up against a few other GU students.”

The event is expected to be the biggest interview event Gannon has had in recent years, Ress said.

CAONABO CAMILO