Gannon announces first wave of spring games

Alex Pepke, Sports Editor

As the spring semester nears for Gannon University, fans and teams alike have been waiting to see what the schedules look like for the teams that will compete.

Gannon is putting together schedules for all fall, winter and spring sports, but the spring teams will be the only ones getting full PSAC schedules, besides swimming and cross country, which will proceed with a normal season despite not being spring sports.

Gannon Athletics has updated its online calendar of events, which now includes the first wave of athletic events for the spring semester.

These events include games for men’s and women’s basketball and matches for men’s and women’s wrestling, in addition to the previously announced events for the men’s water polo team that will take place in February.

The events are scheduled as follows:

Jan. 12: Women’s basketball vs. Miles College 1 p.m., Erie

Jan. 12: Men’s basketball vs. Kentucky State 7 p.m., Erie

Jan. 13: Women’s basketball vs. Miles College 1 p.m., Erie

Jan. 13: Men’s basketball vs. Kentucky State 7 p.m., Erie

Jan. 14: Wrestling at Buffalo 7 p.m., Buffalo, N.Y.

Jan. 17: Women’s basketball vs Salem University 1 p.m., Erie

Jan. 18: Women’s basketball vs Salem University 1 p.m., Erie

Jan. 20: Wrestling at Kent State 5 p.m., Kent, Ohio

In addition to these events in January, the men’s water polo MAWPC conference tournament will take place in Annapolis, Md., on March 6-7, the Division II wrestling championships will take place in Birmingham, Ala., on March 12-13 and the men’s and women’s Division II swimming championships will take place in Birmingham, Ala., on March 17-20.

As the semester gets closer and these events take place, more scheduling announcements are expected for the remainder of the teams competing.

ALEX PEPKE