Political and Personal Peace to give students tranquility on Election Day

Anna Malesiewski, Assistant Editor

The Center for Social Concerns and Global Exploration will hold its first Political and Personal Peace event Tuesday afternoon.

Occurring on both Election Day and Advising Day, the event focuses on offering students tools to find peace in these chaotic times through centering and grounding techniques.

Some of these will include a labyrinth, Zen garden making, coloring and recharging coffee or restorative tea.

Aside from these restorative activities, participants will also leave the event with a peaceful power bag, filled with snacks, centering quotes and prayers.

Registration is encouraged on EngageU, but it is not required. The event will take place on the third floor expansion space of Beyer Hall and will run from noon to 3 p.m.

According to Rebecca Perry, director of the Center for Social Concerns and Global Exploration, the center recognizes that this has been an unprecedented semester and contentious election process. These will come to a head Tuesday, and this may be a difficult day for some.

“The event’s focus is to provide a space for our students to find peace during what we anticipate will be a heavy day,” Perry said.

“Our team recognized the gravity of Nov. 3 and wanted to respond with an opportunity for our community to find some internal peace, while also raising awareness for the need of political peace in our world.”

ANNA MALESIEWSKI