Panic! at the Disco to play in Erie Friday

Panic will take place in Erie this weekend as Panic! at the Disco is scheduled to perform at Penn State Erie, the Behrend College, as part of the university’s spring concert.
The concert will take place at 8 p.m. Friday in the Junker Center, located on the Behrend campus.
Panic! at the Disco, an American rock band from Las Vegas, has had overwhelming success in the past few months with the release of their fifth studio album “Death of a Bachelor” on Jan. 15.
Brandon Urie, the standout and stand- alone remaining member from the band’s original four members, has led the band to its first No. 1 spot on the U.S. Billboard 200 and its best debut sales week with “Death of a Bachelor.”
In the past months since the album’s release, the band has been featured on numerous cable television shows such as “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” “Late Night with Seth Myers” and “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”
Saturday the band made a special surprise performance at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., for a joint performance with alternative singer, Halsey.
Many Gannon students are fans of Panic! at the Disco and are planning to attend the concert Friday including freshman mortuary science major Brooke Battin.
“I just can’t believe that (Urie) was a surprise artist at Coachella and a week later he’ll be performing in Erie, Pa.,” she said.
“I live and breathe Panic! at the Disco so it’s just a dream come true that I’ll be seeing them play so close to home and at such a successful time for the band.”
Singles from “Death of a Bachelor” include “Hallelujah,” “Emperor’s New Clothes” and “Victorious.”
Fans headed to the concert Friday can also expect to hear numerous tracks from the band’s previous albums including “Nine in the Afternoon,” “This is Gospel,” “Miss Jackson” and “I Write Sins Not Tragedies.”
Junior education major Sara Borro is a fan who hopes that the band plays a wide range of their new and old material.
“I just really hope that they perform some of their new songs although not everyone may be familiar with them,” she said.
“Their old stuff is what they’re known for, but ‘Death of a Bachelor’ is amazing.”
In addition to the Penn State Erie, the Behrend College, concert, Panic! at the Disco is scheduled to play a set of concerts this summer as part of a tour with Weezer.
The Weezer and Panic! at the Disco Tour includes 42 shows and begins on June 10 in The Woodlands, Texas.
The tour is scheduled to stop at Stage AE in Pittsburgh on July 3.
Tickets for the Panic! at the Disco concert at Penn State Erie, The Behrend College, are currently sold out.
For more information about the event, visit https://psbehrend.psu.edu/news-events/events/april-22-panic-at-the-disco-concert.
OLIVIA BURGER