Student-organized fashion show coming soon

A student-organized fashion show is planned to make Gannon University its runway.
The fashion show is titled “A Style for Every Story” and will be presented in the Hammermill Center on April 7.
Senior pre-law major Will Atonfack and senior communcation arts major Cory Johnson are the students who have put the show together with the assistance of their adviser, Caroline DiPlacido.
“I have always wanted to plan an event at Gannon,” Johnson said. “We really sat down and put our thoughts together and have been planning the show since early February.”
The designers featured in the show include Christian Robinson of the clothing line “Lazy Monkey,” Gill of the clothing line “URMAC,” Che Young of the clothing line “CHE” and Gio, David and Imani of the clothing line “Rev Loution.”
The show will feature Gannon students as the models for the clothing and open auditions are being held at 7:30 p.m. Thursday and at 2 p.m. Friday in the multipurpose room on the third floor of the Center for Communication and the Arts.
Johnson said that he hopes Gannon students will be excited about the fashion seen in the show and view fashion in a different way.
“Fashion is not just how you or others see you; it is a statement.” Johnson said.
“I hope that a lot of students will attend and have a good time.”
The show’s cost of admission for the general public is $8 and Gannon students will be admitted free.
All proceeds will benefit the Martin Luther King Center.
The doors to the event will open at 7:30 p.m. and the show starts at 8 p.m. and will continue to 10 p.m.
For more information about “A Style for Every Fashion” contact Atonfack at [email protected] or Johnson at [email protected].

OLIVIA BURGER