Identity of concert artist still a mystery with delay of reveal

Gannon University’s Activities Programming Board (APB) planned to announce the name of the university’s spring concert act at the concert reveal party held at the Knight Club Friday, but due to unforeseen circumstances, the announcement was delayed.
APB released the following statement at the party: “Due to artist related issues, the concert reveal has been delayed. More details to follow.”
The concert reveal party, which was set for 8 p.m. Friday, still went on as planned and students who attended enjoyed food, games and the general atmosphere of the Knight Club.
Around 100 students still attended the event, although the name of the artist was not revealed.
“At this point we are remaining confidential about the whole situation.” APB concert chair Elizabeth Gauriloff said.
“Due to artist issues, we can’t name the artist; however, the reveal will be rescheduled and we will give more information as we can.”
Many students were disappointed that the identity of the artist was withheld, but still understanding of the circumstances.
“When I heard that APB couldn’t reveal the name of the concert artist I was disappointed because I was really anxious to find out who it was,” said freshman mortuary science major Brooke Battin.
“I understand that things happen though, and I’m really looking forward to finally getting an artist name. I’m sure whoever it is will definitely be worth all the anticipation.”
In 2014 the concert held by Gannon alone featured pop-rap artists Timeflies and Mike Stud.
In 2012 the spring concert was sponsored by Gannon and Edinboro University and featured The Fray, Jacks Mannequin and Andy Grammar at the Erie Insurance Arena, then referred to as Tulio Arena.
The Fray, a Denver established quartet that showcases piano-based pop rock, was the main draw for the concert. The band was formed in 2002 by schoolmates Isaac Slade and Joe King.
APB will be releasing more information about the upcoming spring concert as the situation allows.
Follow APB on Twitter and Instagram at @APBGU.

OLIVIA BURGER