Editor is thankful to live without roommates

Once you hit college, most people get a roommate. Some colleges try their best to match students with the best possible person for them to room with. Sometimes it works out great while other times it doesn’t. Although some people find their lifelong friends by rooming with them, I am still very thankful that I don’t have to deal with roommates.

This past week I lived with my team in a condo for a week-long tournament. I love my team, I really do. However, I like time to myself.

I cannot imagine living with them all the time. I feel like I would always have someone with me and not have any time to myself. I like having my space and free time.

It is hard to live with other people. Some might say it’s one of the hardest things to do. Everyone grows up doing things a certain way and when someone else does it differently, regardless of how small the thing is, it can be irritating.

I grew up putting syrup in the fridge. One of the girls on the team did not. I obviously wasn’t mad by this at all, but it’s just one of those dumb things that people do differently but it doesn’t really matter either way.

Sometimes you can’t see the differences in the way a person lives until you already live with someone. Then it may be too late.

My biggest fear would be to move in with a best friend only to find out that you can’t live with them and have it ruin your friendship.

Not everyone can be like the cast of the TV show “Friends” and live together so perfectly and never leave each other’s sides. Where is their space? I would need my own time alone.

Don’t college roommates love the time that their roommate is gone? It’s like a little breather when the other person isn’t around. My question would be if there is ever a time when roommates never get tired of each other and they spend all their free time together.

How accurate is “Friends”? All my friends who don’t live alone sometimes get tired of whoever they live. More times than not they go to hang out with other friends but not with each other.

As I watch “Friends” all I can think about is how close that friend group is. But all I can think about is if this were a real friend group, would they get tired of each other? It’s not natural to spend that much time with people. You need your time to yourself.

After a long inseparable week with my team, I don’t find myself relaxed and ready for the rest of the semester. I am still stressed out and I need a real break. I need that time alone. Easter break, where are you?

KAT SHINDLEDECKER