Fantasy Football: sit or start?

Well, my fantasy teams took a beating over the weekend.  And since I went down, I’m taking all of you down with me as well.  I apologize.

So we will pretend I am a fantasy dictator who will assign you a team and you just have to deal with it.

Let’s say I give you a fantasy team that consisted of the following players:  Aaron Rodgers, LeSean McCoy, Eddie Lacy, Demaryius Thomas, Andre Johnson, Jimmy Graham, Panthers defense, and Dan Carpenter.

Hey, that isn’t so bad; that’s a list of superstars.  Fantasy studs.  Right?

You’d love to have this team.  At the very least, this team would be competitive.  Or would it?

If you had this hypothetical dream team this past week, you would have scored a grand total of (drum roll) 25 fantasy points.  Two.  Five.  Good luck winning anything with that.

If that entire team would have faced off against only Andrew Luck – that means one player, no one else, one QB, that’s it – it would have lost by six points.

It’s a lot of numbers and hypothetical situations, but once you digest everything it’s quite astounding.

And while I always preach playing consistent players instead of volatile ones, sometimes the cookie doesn’t crumble in your favor.

Time to tighten up the boot
straps and get to work for better success next week.  Let’s get to the Week 4 starts and sits:

Kirk Cousins had himself a game last week; I expect a lot of the same against a paltry New York Giants defense.  Captain Kirk could rescue a lot of teams.

Speaking of paltry defenses, Phillip Rivers gets to take on the Jaguars.

The sixth QB in fantasy taking on the worst defense – I’ll take that any day of the week.

If you would have told me the Vikings would be without their top tight end, running back and quarterback, I would have been worried.

I am now worried. Matt Asiata will gets the carries for the Minnesota backfield.

And while he looks like he’s running underwater most of the time, carries are carries and receptions are receptions.

Ahmad Bradshaw is simply a better back than his Colts counterpart, Trent Richardson.

He’s had games of 8, 21 and 13 fantasy points; those are some starter numbers so don’t leave him on your bench.

Kelvin Benjamin has had two games of 15-plus fantasy points.

Sandwiched in between is a game of only four points, but with such a nice matchup this week against Baltimore, I would start him.

Complete gut call here but I like Greg Jennings this week.  It’s “Teddy Time” in Minnesota, and Teddy Bridgewater will have to throw to someone.

He connected with Jennings on a couple of nice throws last week and he has a full week of practice to prepare.

Niles Paul looks like a very athletic tight end and with Cousins throwing a ton, he should put up some decent numbers.

I actually traded for Matt Ryan last week, but I’m not expecting any spectacular performance this week.

He takes on Minnesota and, believe it or not, they are the fourth best defense against QBs.

I guess Eddie Lacy wants to be Trent Richardson 2.0.  With a total of 10 fantasy points through three games, Lacy doesn’t look like a starting RB.

I don’t consider him a Top 20 back at this point.

My prediction was Andre Johnson would have his breakout game last week.  That didn’t happen.

To be honest, I don’t know if there will be one in the foreseeable future.  Bench him if you have the option.

Antonio Gates:  I don’t trust him.  One game he’s scoring three TDs, the next he only catches one pass.

If someone is willing to trade for him just because of his name, do it. 

ANTHONY WATSON