Gannon alumni GIVE too

In addition to the hundreds of Gannon students, faculty, staff and administrators who embarked on volunteer projects during GIVE (Gannon’s Invitation to Volunteer Everywhere) Day, alumni across the country jumped in to serve as well.
Projects were coordinated by alumni in areas such as Atlanta, Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, Harrisburg, New England/Rhode Island, New York/New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Rochester.
Some alumni helped to package surplus medical supplies to be sent overseas and others sorted inventory or distributed items at food banks. Groups worked outside to clean up coastal areas or landscape for local nonprofits. Some took on painting projects. One set of volunteers worked with children through Big Brothers Big Sisters at a local festival.
Regardless of the project, alumni enjoyed the camaraderie of spending a morning with other Gannon graduates while reminiscing about their days on campus. They all agreed that Gannon instilled social responsibility in them.
Serving their communities on Gannon’s GIVE Day, in addition to other philanthropic initiatives they participate in throughout the year, is just natural based on the values they grew up with and the mentors they learned from.
We thank all of our regional alumni GIVE Day coordinators for their efforts in managing projects and teams in their cities. Lastly, we thank every alumni volunteer for taking time out on a Saturday to represent Gannon University while giving back to your communities.

NANCY BIRD