AlumKnights: Network over ice cream

The National Alumni Board, Career Development and Employment Services and the Student Government Association are co-sponsoring the Alumni and Senior Social from 7-9 p.m. March 21 in Room 219 of the Waldron Campus Center. Members of the National Alumni Board, as well as other interested alumni and all seniors are invited to attend.

This year’s event hopes to build upon the success of last year’s inaugural event, with the goal of breaking down barriers between students and alumni.

The event provides seniors with an opportunity to meet with successful alumni who may provide information on a wide range of subjects – places to live in a new city, graduate school, career development.

Like many alumni, I have had the great fortune throughout my career to be the recipient of advice from fellow Gannon graduates. As an alumnus, the Alumni and Senior Social provides me an opportunity to say thank you to all of the individuals who have been helpful to me by offering advice to the seniors who attend the social. The event will also remind alumni of the quality and poise of the graduating seniors.

The National Alumni Board is encouraging its members and other alumni who are available that evening to attend. I urge all seniors to use the opportunity to network with successful Gannon grads.

You will find the alumni genuinely interested in meeting with you and sharing their thoughts and experiences with you.  Based upon the comments from alumni and seniors who attended last year’s event, I am confident that you will find the Alumni and Senior Social a worthwhile and rewarding experience.

“This is a great opportunity to meet people in your field and ask the tough questions,” said a senior who attended last year. “Even if they aren’t in your field, it is a great practice for talking to professionals. It helps you practice how to behave in a professional atmosphere.”

Please contact Mike Krysiak at [email protected] for additional information or to register for the event. Registration closes March 19, but walk-ins are welcome if you bring an ID.

JOE VATER