‘Frozen’ still on fire at theaters

“Frozen” doesn’t only describe most of the country recently, it’s a movie that is still hot at the box office.

This Disney movie not only tells the story of one princess, but two princesses – one of whom ends up being a queen.

The movie shows the story of two sisters, Elsa and Anna, who are very close at a young age and play together all the time.

Elsa was cursed with the power to freeze anything and create ice from thin air. One day she accidentally freezes Anna’s head and the only way to save her is to remove any memory she has of Elsa’s magic.

Their parents then raise their daughters in isolation from each other and the rest of the world to keep them safe, to keep Elsa’s power under control and to keep the rest of the world, including Anna, from knowing about Elsa’s power.

The rest of the movie takes place years later beginning with Elsa’s coronation as queen. Several events throughout the movie introduce Elsa and Anna to several other characters including an ice salesman named Kristoff, a snowman named Olaf and Prince Hans.

The plotline of “Frozen” has several unexpected twists and turns, such as characters you thought you would like turning out to have a completely different personality.

The movie also has an ending that is somewhat unexpected, which is a nice change of pace compared to other Disney movies.

In recent years, Disney has created princesses who are a bit more unconventional than the classic royalty such as Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. Elsa and Anna continue with this trend.

Aside from the three-dimensional animation style used in the movie, Elsa and Anna aren’t quite like any princesses you’ve seen before.

Anna stands as the least conventional of the sisters. She is quite clumsy, a bit of a klutz and a little bit socially awkward, but all in a way that the audience will find adorable.

Elsa has to fight throughout the movie to cover up her powers and lives in fear of them and how they can harm people throughout her life.

Elsa is one of the strongest princesses to appear in a Disney film even though she doesn’t have nearly as much screen time.

One of the more memorable characters of the movie is Olaf, a snowman brought to life by Elsa’s magic.

Olaf brings several moments of comic relief to the movie with witty one-liners and talking about how well he thinks a snowman would thrive in the summer.

Of course, it wouldn’t be a Disney princess movie without the musical aspects.

Although all of the songs in the movie are of good quality, two songs stand out – “Let it Go” and “Do You Want to Build a Snowman.”

“Let it Go” is sung by Elsa – Idina Menzel. The song describes Elsa’s feelings when she finally stops trying to control her powers.

The song is one of the most powerful ones in the movie, as Menzel definitely has a strong voice.

“Do You Want to Build a Snowman” is sung by Anna – Kristen Bell – at the beginning of the movie right after Anna is isolated from Elsa.

Anna keeps trying to get Elsa to come play with her and be as close to her as she used to be, to no avail.

The song slowly becomes more depressing as Anna grows and visibly sees that her efforts to build a relationship with her sister are fruitless.

“For the First Time in Forever,” also stands out in the movie, but it would be more memorable if it weren’t so close to the beginning of the movie.

Even though most people may think “Frozen” is mainly a movie for young kids, almost anyone will be able to enjoy it. It has some important themes and lessons that can be learned and anyone who enjoys a Disney movie won’t have trouble enjoying “Frozen.”

KHADIJA DJELLOULI