‘Experience’ part two of Timberlake

Justin Timberlake is making a comeback with his new sharp, soul-pop infused sequel album “The 20/20 Experience: 2 of 2.”

Timberlake’s fourth album offers all that it promises: a fresh, new sound that seals the second edition to “The 20/20 Experience” with a much faster, more upbeat rhythm.

The first of the two conjoined albums, released in late March, had an ultra-romantic, soulful vibe with songs such as the Billboard chart topper “Mirrors,” and songs like “Pusher Love Girl,” “That Girl” and “Strawberry Bubblegum.”

The finalized second edition features a faster dance-evoking pace and an edgier vibe with songs such as the hit single “Take Back the Night,”  “Murder,” “TKO” and “Drink You Away.”

The newest and complete edition of “The 20/20 Experience” can be interpreted as Timberlake’s attempt at channeling his artistry into a more mature manifestation of his image.

“You will not see this coming; it will come like a thief in the night,” album producer and hip hop/R&B artist Timbaland said in the Rolling Stone promo for the sequel album.

The songs “Murder,” “True Blood” and “Take Back the Night” have a fast-paced, dance club beat and exciting high-energy lyrics to break up the seriousness of slower, moodier songs such as “Amnesia” and “Not a Bad Thing,” or the sassy “Drink you Away.”

Hip Hop artists Jay Z and Drake make small appearances on Timberlake’s “Part 2” album, giving the pop/R&B singer just enough dynamic to finish the sequel with a risqué nightclub vibe and a powerful lyrical punch.

Timbaland produced with Timberlake for a second time, this time creating unique beats that set “The 20/20 Experience: 2 of 2” apart from the rest of Timberlake’s previous work.

A Los Angeles Times review said, “Timberlake isn’t the only one trying to sharpen his edge. His producing partner Timbaland’s beats are weirder and more playful than they were last time, as in the cyborg-funk opener, ‘Gimme What I Don’t Know (I Want) and especially ‘Murder.’”

The artwork of both “Experience” albums features Timberlake in a black and white suit and bowtie with most of his face covered by a golden eye apparatus that one may envision at a doctor’s office.

The odd artwork is a reference to Timberlake’s racy track “Tunnel Vision” on the first edition of “The 20/20 Experience.”

Timberlake also released “The Complete Experience,” a golden cover album of his “The 20/20 Experience” featuring a complete collection of both parts available on iTunes.

ERIKA KRENN