Four-band concert rocks Pittsburgh’s Stage AE

The Spring Fever Tour made its first stop along the east coast Saturday in Pittsburgh. Headlining the tour were All Time Low and Pierce the Veil while Mayday Parade and You Me at Six played as special guests.

The show at Stage AE in Pittsburgh sold out and had a line that wrapped around the block almost an hour before doors opened, two hours before the show began. Some people were still in line outside the stage area when You Me at Six began their set list.

You Me at Six, originally from the United Kingdom, did not have as big of a reaction as the rest of the bands at the show; however, they did play a decent opening set. The song that the crowd seemed to recognize the most was the opener “Lover Boy.”

The small crowd for You Me at Six seemed to receive the band well despite being the least recognized group at the concert. The audience cheered between each song and the segue to the following song.

After You Me at Six, the audience had some downtime while the crew set up the stage for the next band, Mayday Parade.

While Mayday Parade was only featured as a special guest, it was more well-recognized across the crowd as opposed to You Me at Six. In the midst of their playlist, the band announced that they would be releasing a new album soon.

The band played some of its more well-known songs, like “Jersey” and “Jamie All Over.” Mayday Parade also performed a cover of Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know,” which featured Vic Fuentes, one of the members from Pierce the Veil.

The band was definitely a crowd pleaser.

Following Mayday Parade was the first headliner, Pierce the Veil.

Pierce the Veil added a different sound to the tour and had a nice contrast to Mayday Parade and You Me at Six. The band’s set list was composed of a nice mix of songs from their album released last year and the one released before that.

As part of their performance, two cannons shot confetti into the air at the beginning and end of the band’s set list.

Pierce the Veil played some of their singles, such as “King for a Day” and “Bulletproof Love,” as well as other songs from their most recent albums such as “Disasterology” and “Hold on Till May.”

After the audience chanted for an encore, Pierce the Veil returned and played an acoustic version of “I’m Low on Gas and You Need a Jacket.”

All Time Low, the closing band, had each band member introduced individually as if they were all wrestlers entering an arena.

All Time Low’s first song on the set list, “Lost in Stereo,”  set an upbeat mood for the rest of the concert.

The set list continued with several other singles, such as “Damned if I Do Ya (Damned if I Don’t)” and “Weightless,” and other crowd pleasers like “Therapy” and “If These Sheets Were the States.”

In between each song, several  band members would stop to crack a few jokes before introducing the next song.

Right before the closing song, lead singer Alex Gaskarth mentioned they were almost out of time and as opposed to running off, having the audience call for an encore and running back on, the band would just play the final song, the band’s first single “Dear Maria Count Me In.”

Overall, the concert had a good variety of musical styles and left the crowd buzzing as it exited Stage AE.

The Spring Fever Tour continues along the east coast. The tour will play Tuesday in Rochester, N.Y., at Main Street Armory.

KHADIJA DJELLOULI