Vice President of Academic Affairs: Joseph Gnahoui-David

What other organizations are you involved in at Gannon?

I’m in the physical therapy club; L.I.F.E.;and I’m about to join the sport and exercise science club. With L.I.F.E.I just participated in L.I.F.E. week which had various events every day.

Do you have any past experience and/or positions within SGA?

I am the freshman class representative and class chair. I’d like to think these positions have been a big deal.

Why are you running for the position of VP of Academic Affairs?

I am running for VP of Academic Affairs because I feel like there’s a lot of things that could be improved on campus and with the way professors teach.

What are your goals if you were to be elected to the position of VP of Academic Affairs?

My goals as Vice President of Academic Affairs is to make sure students are getting teachers that are fully committed and also taking into account othwer peoples learning styles, not just the way the teacher likes to teach. There are a few people that have brought this issue to my attention and we are not really sure why teachers don’t change their methods of teaching.

Why did you decide to get involved with SGA?

I decided to join the Student Government Association because the learning style was a huge issue for me in high school, so when I got into SGA I wanted to be the voice of the people — myself being one of the voices –and get positive change. Since college classes can only get harder, I want to try and make this easier for people.

What have you accomplished during your time on SGA?

Myself and the freshman class got white boards in all the freshman dorm lounges. Right now we’re trying to make a travel board so students can carpool to and from school. Next year we’ve made sure there will be printers in all of the freshman dorms.

Is there anything else you’d like the student body to know about you?

I think I’m the best person for this position because I have the ability to talk to people in a way that makes them feel comfortable enough to approach me as VP of Academic Affairs. I’m okay with with articulating things in a way that gets my point across without insulting anyone.

COLLEEN LANGHAM