Paramore releases new song before North American tour

One of the most popular alternative bands with a red-headed lead singer is about to release a new album and no, it’s not Fall Out Boy.

It’s Paramore.

Some of the most popular hits by Paramore include “Misery Business,” “Decode” and “The Only Exception.”

“Decode” was featured in the first movie of “The Twilight Saga.” “Misery Business” and “Decode” both went platinum, according to Billboard charts.

“Now,” after four years without releasing a new album, Paramore is back on the scene with a new song, a new album and some new band members.

The band released the audio for “Now,” a track from its new album “Paramore,” on Jan. 21.  The album, which will be released on April 9, contains 17 tracks according to the band’s website and Facebook page.

As of now, “Paramore” can be pre-ordered at the band’s website. It is unknown at this point whether  more songs from the album will be released before the album comes out.

Hayley Williams still leads the band as vocalist. New to the band this time around are Jeremy Davis as bassist and Taylor York as guitarist after two of the band’s former founding members, Josh and Zac Farro, left the band to start their own bands.

In 2012, the band with the newer members released a few singles, including “Monster,” near the end of the year, but didn’t release the songs in a specific album.

To buy the songs, one has to order the group as “Singles Club” on the band’s website.

Even though two-thirds of the band is different than it was four years ago, the only exception being lead singer Haley Williams, Paramore still has virtually the same sound in its new track “Now.”

In January, Paramore gained approximately 489,000 likes on Facebook, bringing the page’s grand total up to 23,891,824 as of Sunday. The audio of “Now” has almost 1 million views on YouTube in two weeks that it has been released.

Old Paramore fans are anxious to hear them again. One-third of concerts in the band’s North American Spring Stage tour with tickets on sale are already sold out.

The closest concert venue to Erie that still has tickets on sale is in Toronto.

The second closest is in Chicago.

The band’s self-titled album will be the fourth studio album the band has released since its inception, not including tracks released on the “Singles Club.” The band’s previous albums are “Brand New Eyes,” “Riot” and “All We Know Is Falling.”

Paramore has been nominated for several different categories in different award shows over the years including The American Music Awards and The Grammy’s.

The band won the award for Favorite Rock Band at the 2010 People’s Choice Awards and many awards at the Teen Choice Awards.

It can be difficult for a band that has been gone for so long to come back with newer members and try to be as successful as it was before, and only time will tell whether Paramore can make this transition back on the scene.

KHADIJA DJELLOULI