The Knight Club replaces old One Green World Café

Typically, asking someone if they’re going to the night club is answered with a resounding “Which one?” but at Gannon University, that question is taking on new meaning.

On the corner of Fourth and Sassafras streets, where Antler’s Pub and One Green World Café once stood, is Gannon’s newest hot spot, The Knight Club.

As sick as some people are with “knight” puns, it’s still worth it to give this place a try. It’s only a short walk down the road from Gannon’s usual stomping grounds and most students are usually up for some late-night grub. The interior has a few differences from One Green World, but it remains basically the same.

The bar still acts as the main ordering area, but now the side room is a kitchen and pick-up section for food orders. There are two large pool tables in one of the main spaces.

The menu is the biggest difference. Gone are the days of falafel and mochas. Now students and staff can enjoy burgers, wings, french fries and other munchies.

After sampling the available items, The Knight Club receives an overall thumbs-up.

The Greek fries are exceptional, but everything on the menu tastes excellent and far less greasy than some of the alternatives nearby.

The chicken wings need a little work to get the desirable crisp, but that will come with time as the Knight Club becomes established. The prices are the biggest draw. Everything on the menu is priced south of $6. This is a great price point for an on-campus restaurant competing in the same market as Porky’s and Steel 12.

Lower prices are more likely to bring in frugal, starving college students.

The hours are also a big change from One Green World. Instead of a schedule with sporadic hours, the Knight Club sticks to a simple late night agenda – opening at 5 p.m. on weekdays and 11 a.m. on weekends and staying open till 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday.

It makes it a great alternative for the weekend warriors with the munchies who may want to avoid a more public environment.

The Knight Club definitely has a shot at surpassing One Green World Café in popularity.

With so much thought put into the development, it would be a shame to see another non-Metz establishment shut its doors. Now they just need to lose the “knight” pun in the name.

KEEFER KOPCO