Knightly News

“Dog Man” kicks off H&H Week

Ken “Dog Man” Davis will be speaking 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, in Waldron Campus Center’s Yehl Ballroom.

This event will kick off the Center for Social Concerns’ Hunger and Homelessness Week. Davis became known as the “Dog Man” for his reputation for sleeping amongst stray dogs during the many years he was homeless.

Now he works for the West Side Catholic Center in Cleveland.

The Center for Social Concerns and APB invite you to hear the stories and experiences of a man who lived life on the streets.

Model UN

Gannon University’s Model United Nations will hold its 59th high school conference with two General Assembly sessions Friday and Saturday.

More than 40 high schools from the tri-state area will be represented at this year’s event.

The issues for discussion include global climate, elimination of racial discrimination, health promotion through advances in health technology, preventing the funding of terrorism through the illegal narcotics market and strengthening the interstate economic trade.

Student delegates will open with a General Assembly on Friday night, followed by committee meetings and then a final General Assembly meeting on Saturday afternoon.

Info meeting for May trip

An informational meeting for the May 2012 trip will be held at 4:30 p.m. Friday in Room 1200 of the Palumbo Academic Center.

Students interested in traveling on a 10-day trip to London, Paris, Florence and Rome with Dr. Douglas King should attend the meeting for more information.

Attendance to prior meetings is not required, and snacks will be provided by King.

To submit news tips to be featured in the Knightly News section, please send an email to [email protected] by 5 p.m. Sunday.