Lambert releases her fourth studio album

One of country music’s popular stars, Miranda Lambert, released her fourth album, “Four the Record” Tuesday, Nov. 1.

Lambert’s new album features original lyrics about her married life and people from her past.

During a recent interview with Country Music Television (CMT), Lambert said “Four the Record” is an album that reveals who she is as a person now, compared to who she was two years when she wrote her third album, “Revolution.”

The majority of Lambert’s song tracks were written by other artists including Phillip Coleman, Natalie Hemby and Brandy Clark, a first on a Lambert album.

“Fastest Girl in Town” pictures the listener sitting beside Lambert in a bar having a good time, but with a surprise in the end.

Lambert’s current hit, “Baggage Claim,” has reached high on the billboard charts over the past weeks. The song speaks strong about a woman letting go over a man who is nothing but baggage.

Lambert’s debut album would not have been complete if she would not have included her husband, Blake Shelton, for a duet. The couple sings “Better in the Long Run.”

Not only does Lambert feature Shelton, but Pistol Annies band members Angaleena Presley and Ashley Monroe collaborate with the country bombshell as well.

“Four the Record” is one of the best albums that Lambert has written so far in her career.

“Fine Tune” is one of Lambert’s strongest songs. Even though Lambert does not sing throughout the entire song, her band covers most of the spotlight.

“Easy Living” is about what the title speaks of itself: relaxation. But the song features a lot more sound that the listener would be surprise that the singer included in the first place.

Even though Lambert did not write all of her songs like she has on her past three albums, her album still gives off a Lambert vibe that she would’ve written it herself from beginning to end.

Lambert’s fourth album is full of character and judgment.

Personally, Lambert is one of few singers who is in full command of her talent and career. The album’s 14 tracks gives the listener the feeling of coming back for more.

COURTNEY HERZING