Erie Horror Film Festival Schedule

The Warner Theatre will be hosting the 2011 Eerie Horror Film Festival and Expo Thursday through Sunday.

From 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. Friday, a few of the following will be playing:

– “First Contact” is a sci-fi comedy that shows why there are so few visits from aliens these days. Two aliens interrogate a subcontractor who was sent from Earth to handle the “first contact,” but things didn’t quite go according to plan.

– “The Headless Lover” involves zombies, headless lovers, blood, organs and the devil to create this black horror comedy. If you remember the classic, “Creepshow,” then this film is a must-see.

– “The Afflicted” is about a disturbed mother of four who delivers an unimaginable level of abuse to her children while defending her actions with her own twisted interpretations of the Bible.

From 10:30 a.m. Friday to 1:30 a.m. Saturday, a few of the following will be playing:

– “House Swap” is about a young California screenwriter and his composer girlfriend who exchange their Echo Park home for a sprawling Tudor mansion near Glastonbury, England. Thinking they have the best bargain, they soon learn that the house comes with a stalker who enters through locked doors.

– “Play Dead” is about zombies roaming the streets in the days and nights following a horrific new virus, which is wreaking havoc in Miami. Pitched gun battles and burning streets provide a backdrop for a ragtag band of dogs that are determined to survive.

– “The Fields” is a suspense thriller based on a true event that took place in a small Pennsylvania town in 1973. The film tells the story of a young boy and his family who are terrorized by a menacing presence lurking in the cornfields surrounding their farmhouse.

From 10 a.m. Saturday to 1:30 a.m. Sunday, a few of the following will be playing:

– “Worm” takes you on a surreal journey into a dark world filled with ferrets, dead mackerels and toothpicks. The film is about a detective who investigates a young girl’s disappearance, but he soon realizes he is in way over his head.

– “The Living Want Me Dead” is an example for people who seem a little “on-edge” when it comes to the Halloween season. Howard Phillips discovers that everyone is running right over that edge with bloodshot eyes, foaming mouths and unstoppable urges to kill…and they’re running toward him.

– “The Orphan Killer” is a tour de force murder flick that defies classification. It goes far beyond current trends of gore and breaks open a new suffering genre of horror.

– “The Boondock Saints” is an action movie that will be a special presentation featuring cast members Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus and David Della Rocco.

From 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, a few of the following will be playing:

– “Monster in the Closet II” is a sequel to B-TV’s 2008 national award-winning horror short, “Monster in the Closet.” In this film, the cousin from the original victim still thinks a monster lives in their walk-in closet. The dolls in the room also seem to come alive at night.

– “The Dead Inside” is a haunting musical which features two lovers, Wes and Fi. When Fi is diagnosed with being possessed by the devil, Wes must choose between the woman he loves and the evil intruder that inspired him. The lovers rediscover inspiration in the grimmest corners of this musical horror movie.

– “Alone” is about a 10-year-old boy who was playing with a toy train in his living room when suddenly all of the lights go out. He uses his flashlight to uncover clues throughout the house as to what might have happened. A broken plate, a scared car, a whining dog and a demon are all involved.

Source: eeriehorrorfest.com