Knightly News: Week of March 15

Gannon Sends Out Safety Message 

Be sure to be on the lookout for updated messages for student safety while Gannon Police and Safety and the FBI work together for non-credible threat.  

Volunteers Needed for Total Eclipse  

April 8, 2024 there will be a Total Eclipse coming and Gannon is nearly ready. Volunteers are needed to host the Gannon community and guests while providing the Erie Community with educational experiences throughout the day.   

**Volunteers will be provided with a name badge, distinctive piece of clothing to help stand out in the crowd, and guaranteed parking for the day on campus.** 

If you are interested in volunteering, please complete this brief form to select your preferred availability: https://forms.office.com/r/3hZ60vCmSq. 

Dr. Iwanenko Addresses Ramadan 

Dear Gannon Family, 

Please join me in extending solidarity and spiritual closeness with our Muslim friends as they enter Ramadan, which began yesterday evening and ends on April 9. The ninth month of the Islamic year remembers the time of solitude when the Quran was revealed to the Prophet. May this be a meaningful and blessed time for our Muslim friends, especially in the Gannon family, as they begin this spiritual journey of fasting, prayer and sharing the generosity of the Almighty to those in need. To our Muslim friends: Ramadan Mubarak! 

Peace,
Dr. Walter Iwanenko, President 

Stay Safe this Saint Patrick’s Weekend 

If celebrating during this holiday weekend, be sure to remember the resources the university provides such as: 

• Campus Police and Safety Non-Emergency: 814-871-7690 
  • Campus Police and Safety Emergency: 814-871-7777 
  • Knight Watch  
  • LiveSafe