The Purr-fect spot in downtown Erie

February 23, 2024/Midnight

Erie, Pa., –Gannon University’s campus offers many great options to sit down and study, but how many of those spots have great coffee, baked goods, and a room full of cats?

The Purrista Cat Café is a locally owned coffee shop with a special twist. Opened in 2022, this café has been a gem in Erie’s downtown area for two years now. It adds a unique touch to the community, and more so, the Gannon campus.

Across the street from the Palumbo Academic Center, it is a great place to sit and study or to stop in for some coffee in between classes. The café area has plenty of tables and comfortable seating perfect for studying while enjoying a delicious drink.

The menu offers a large selection of caffeinated and decaffeinated drinks as well as locally baked goods to fuel any hard-working student.

Not only is it great for studying, but it also gives students an easy way to relax. Attached to the café area is the cat lounge where you can pet and play with different cats. The café even offers a discounted entry fee to college students with a valid student ID.

The café offers activities in the cat lounge from time to time. Their upcoming events include “Meow-maste,” a 90-minute yoga session with cats to help you relax, and “Picatsso Paint and Pet” where cats can help you bring out your inner artist as you paint with them. The planned days for events are available on their website where you can make a reservation to join the fun.

To any coffee and cat lovers, this is a must visit spot in Erie. Take a break from a busy school schedule and support a local business and cats!

For more information, visit the Purrista Cat Café website.