George Li Plays Rachmaninoff – Free Ticket for Gannon Students

November 3, 2023/12:00a.m.

Get ready for an emotional journey through the musical landscapes of Rachmaninoff as the Erie Philharmonic, accompanied by the pianist George Li, shines on the Warner Theater stage on (date).

After his unforgettable performance of Rachmaninoff’s Third Piano Concerto in 2021, George Li is returning to Erie with all the anticipation to captivate our hearts and souls once again. The concert promises to leave the audience breathless as they embark on a mesmerizing interpretation of Rachmaninoff’s beloved “Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini.”

George Li’s artistry and technical prowess promise an evening of musical magic that you don’t want to miss. The Erie Philharmonic and its talents are set to take you on a journey through a diverse and emotional musical landscape.

According to the Erie Philharmonic website, the night will also feature the masterpiece Nancy Galbraith’s “Tormenta del Sur.” The piece is expected to transport the audience into the stormy realms of its dynamic and intense composition, perfectly contrasting the lyrical beauty of Rachmaninoff’s work. Antonín Dvořák’s “Symphony No. 7” will also take center stage, weaving a tale of passion and intensity that will pull at your heartstrings.

Dvořák’s symphony, characterized by its intricate melodies and dramatic contrasts, promises to leave you in awe of the artistry of the Erie Philharmonic. Don’t miss this opportunity to witness a night of musical brilliance, emotion, and intensity.

George Li’s pianistic prowess and the Erie Philharmonic’s artistry promise a memorable evening that will linger in your heart long after the last note has faded into the night The concert will take place on Saturday, November 11th, at 8:00 p.m. at the historic Erie Warner Theater (811 State Street).

As usual, Gannon students can benefit from this program by emailing [email protected] from Gannon email to receive one free ticket. Tickets can also be reserved by calling 814.455.1375. Follow the instructions in the poster below.