After Long Search, New Provost is Found

Charlize Harding, News Editor

Erie Pa, March 16, 2023—After a long search, the new Provost is announced. Sarah Ewing Ph.D. is the new Provost and Vice President for the student experience.

The decision to make Dr. Ewing Provost and Vice President was due to her profound experience on campus as well as the feedback provided by students during the search process.

Dr. Ewing at first was Dean of the Morosky College of Health Professions and Sciences. She will continue to provide academic offerings for undergraduate as well as graduate academic roles.

Dr. Ewing is succeeding Walter Iwanenko Ph.D. in the Provost and Vice President for student experience as Dr. Iwanenko prepares to be Gannon University’s eighth president, beginning July 1st, 2023.

With Dr. Ewing  presented the position of Provost, the University will be seeking a new Dean of the Morosky College of Health Professions and Sciences; more to come soon on this new search.

She will be working closely with Dr. Iwanenko and the Leadership Team for the critical work of achieving the university’s mission, in support and promotion of Gannon’s Catholic identity to ensure student engagement.

After a long search, the University, faculty, staff, and students look forward to seeing Sarah Ewing Ph.D., succeed in the transition from Dean of the Morosky College of Health Professions and Science to Provost and Vice President.