School to hold contest for private concert viewing

One lucky Penn State Behrend student will hear a private concert from Motion City Soundtrack this spring in a bit better venue than the campus’s gymnasium: their bedroom.

The Penn State Behrend Concert Committee has determined at least two “pre-concert events” set to precede this spring’s Motion City Soundtrack and 3OH!3 concert.

The first of the two is a free “acoustic set” that Motion City will play in a student’s room if they win the contest, Concert Committee President Mike Kline said.

“What we’re going to do is have people submit fan videos,” Kline said. “They have to be at least 45 seconds, and they don’t have to be music videos. But it just has to incorporate some of Motion City’s music.”

Kline said a committee will determine which fan video is best, and the submission’s author will earn their own private concert.

The other pre-concert event involves both Motion City and 3OH!3: a private dinner with the bands. Buying a ticket in the first week that they are available – Feb. 21 through Feb. 25 – will automatically enter a student in a raffle. Twenty to 30 students will be selected at random to attend a special pre-concert dinner with both bands.

Tickets for the Motion City Soundtrack and 3OH!3 dual-headline concert will go on sale Feb. 21 at the RUB desk. They will cost $20 for students, and students can buy two tickets per ID at that cost. They go on sale to the public one week later and cost $25 to non-Behrend students. Kline said these public tickets will be available online. More information will be provided on the Concert Committee’s Facebook group.

CONNOR SATTELY