Distinguished speakers to come to Gannon soon

During the month of November, Gannon University is set to host multiple events, including the Jefferson Educational Society Global Summit XI and Hackathon.
This year the annual St. Albert the Great lecture will be sponsored by the philosophy department at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, in Waldron Campus Center 219.
The theme this year is ‘What is a Criminal?’ and will be presented by T. Andrew Caswell, Ph.D., associate professor of psychology.
Caswell’s research interests include manhood in America, the psychology of poverty, gender roles and the gendering of language.
His work has appeared in the Journal of Homosexuality, Social Psychology, Psychology of Men and Masculinity and Cognition and Emotion.
The philosophy department invites colleagues to present their current research in the spirit of interdisciplinary learning and exploration in the Catholic Intellectual Tradition.
The Loftus Lecture will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 14, in Yehl Ballroom.
This year’s theme “From Just War to Peacebuilding: Lessons for U.S. Racial Justice” will feature a talk from Lisa Sowle Cahill, Ph.D.
Cahill is the J. Donald Monan, S.J. Professor at Boston College.
Her books include “Blessed Are the Peacemakers: Just War Theory, Pacifism and Peacebuilding,” “A Theology and Praxis of Gender Equality” and many more.
Caswell has served as the president of the Catholic Theological Society of America.
The event is free and open to the public.